On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 8:18 AM Andrew Feller <afel...@bandwidth.com> wrote:

> Has anyone found an effective way to minimize toil between developers and
> system administrators regarding project resource quotas *without
> resorting to letting people do whatever they want unrestrained*?
>
> There are only 2 ideas I can see to address this issue:
>
>    1. Removing self-provisioning access, provisioning a single project
>    per developer, and giving them admin access to it.

You can limit the number of self-provisioned projects they can have
https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.10/admin_guide/managing_projects.html#limit-projects-per-user

>    1. Create ClusterResourceQuota per developer restricting total
>    resources allowed
>
> I don't know how ClusterResourceQuota handle a system administrator
> increasing a project's quotas for a user who is already met their total.

If either a cluster resource quota or a resource quota has been exceeded,
then you you've exceeded quota for that resource and can't make more.