With CodeReady Container, it's not possible to use it without
virtualisation right?  Because it needs CoreOS, and can't startup on an
existing docker installation like you can with "oc cluster up"?

I'm only asking because I almost got OKD 3.11 running on Windows 10 WSL
(windows subsystem for linux) v2.  But if it's a full VM, then running
inside WSL 2 doesn't really make sense (and probably doesn't work anyway).