Marvin, you could try enabling nested virtualisation in GCP?

https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/enable-nested-virtualization-vm-instances

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 09:50, Just Marvin <
marvin.the.cynical.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fernando,
>
>     Is CRC only expected to run on bare-metal? I tried running it on a VM
> in GCP and it didn't work, complaining about virtualization problems (sorry
> - forget the exact error). It runs find on my laptop, but I'd really like
> to not muddy up my laptop with all kinds of experimental things.
>
> Regards,
> Marvin
>
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 12:35 PM Fernando Lozano <floz...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Joel,
>>
>> Yes, CRC requires virtualization. It creates and manages a VM, using the
>> hypervisor provided by your laptop OS, and runs OpenShift inside that VM.
>> AFAIK there is no more all-in-one containerized support for OpenShift so
>> more 'oc cluster up' for OpenShift 4.x.
>>
>> []s, Fernando Lozano
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:44 AM Joel Pearson <
>> japear...@agiledigital.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> With CodeReady Container, it's not possible to use it without
>>> virtualisation right?  Because it needs CoreOS, and can't startup on an
>>> existing docker installation like you can with "oc cluster up"?
>>>
>>> I'm only asking because I almost got OKD 3.11 running on Windows 10 WSL
>>> (windows subsystem for linux) v2.  But if it's a full VM, then running
>>> inside WSL 2 doesn't really make sense (and probably doesn't work anyway).

Kind Regards,

Joel Pearson
Agile Digital | Senior Software Consultant

Love Your Softwareâ„¢ | ABN 98 106 361 273
p: 1300 858 277 | m: 0405 417 843 <0405417843> | w: agiledigital.com.au