There is a certain level of added risk if you do not verify the certificate,
but for non-critical systems (that are secured properly nonetheless) I would
assess this risk as acceptable.

On the other hand: since Let's Encrypt started handing out free certificates, I
don't see any reason to hold on to self-signed certificates. The process to
acquire a new certificate and to periodically renew such certificate is pretty
easy.

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----