I had the same problems until a saint suggested me to stop using self signed certificates and start using Let's Encrypt. It's completely free and you can create a strong signed certificates in minutes.
There are also several ways to create an automatic renewal process.

I switched from self signed certificates to strong certificate signed by an authority for free in less than an hour.

This guide has everything you need to know.
https://www.linode.com/docs/security/ssl/install-lets-encrypt-to-create-ssl-certificates

Bye
Davide