> > Why is the code for structs (lines 242--74)  commented out ? Is it
> > broken or else ?
> If var2vec() / vec2var() could be extended to provide a universal way to
> serialize / deserialize really any scilab variable, that would be really nice.
> Could we make a SEP or fill a bug as a wish ?

Yep I have no problem to allocate a SEP for that, vec2var / var2vec might be
used elsewhere but the format need to be documented for all managed types.
Handle, for example, will probably not be stored at first. A SEP might even be
good to define the real need for that "a Scilab variable dump for cheap and
fast access" and to clearly state that this encoding might change across OS,
hardware or Scilab versions.

Are you interested in writing it ?

Thanks,

--