We have a series of HTML based help files that sit inside our
src/main/resource/help directory. Right now, we store these files as html
files, and everything is fine.

The problem is that the people who build these files create the files in
Microsoft Word, then use a PC program called Robohelp to generate them.

Every time they generate the files, we get a completely different version of
all HTML and GIFS no matter how small the change. We use Subversion, and
each time we generate new help files, the people who maintain them basically
delete the entire Subversion help tree, then re-add in the new set of files.
This causes problems with our developers who now end up downloading and
updating hundreds of files whenever the help changes.

I would like to simply store these help files as a single zipfile in our
source archive, and then unzip these files when I do a build. Is this
possible in Maven?

--
David Weintraub
qazw...@gmail.com