Sorry — hit send by accident.

On 5 Aug 2009, at 14:43, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

On 5 Aug 2009, at 14:10, Stephen Connolly wrote:

if you think about this a bit more you will realise that what you are asking for does not make sense (unless you are trying to configure the plugin that
you are executing.

Ok…  That does make sense.

if you specify a plugin:mojo, then only that plugin:mojo will get executed. Adding other executions of other plugins to a profile and activating that profile will have ZERO effect on what happens, as only the plugin:mojo that
you specified will be executed.

That's not actually the case. For jetty:run, it executes all phases up to compile before executing jetty:run.

Thinking about this, the jetty plugin must be somehow manually be invoking the compile phase.

And if I use help:describe, I see:

  …The plugin forks a parallel lifecycle to ensure that the
'compile' phase has been completed before invoking Jetty. This means that
    you do not need to explicity execute a 'mvn compile' first…

  Before this mojo executes, it will call:
    Phase: 'test-compile'

That explains it.

try telling us a bit more about what your problem is and perhaps somebody can point you towards a solution.... but it sounds like you really want maven to be more like ant... maven is not ant, if you want ant use ant ;-)

Sorry, I thought I'd been clearer in my original email.

I'm trying to avoid calling cocoon:prepare, except in the case of jetty:run.

Now I could just not bind cocoon:prepare to the compile phase, but then I have to remember to type two things on the command line.

It's not a big deal overall (saving seconds on the non-jetty builds) but it would be nice if I could do it.

-Dom