Yes, I should have been more specific.  Here's how I'm making the call ...

maven -Dtestcase=test.AddToMailingListTest test:single

and what happens is that I'm getting a bunch of compilation errors, even
though the libraries in question are listed as a dependency in my
project.xml file (I have confirmed the jars are getting downloaded) ...

maven -Dtestcase=test.AddToMailingListTest test:single
__ __
| \/ |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \ ~ intelligent projects ~
|_| |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_| v. 1.1

build:start:

test:single:
java:prepare-filesystem:

java:init:

java:compile:
[echo] Compiling to
/Users/dalvarado/source/assistanceUtility/webapp/target/classes
[echo]

WARNING: maven.compile.target is not set:
using the default value which depends on your JVM

java:jar-resources:

test:prepare-filesystem:

test:test-resources:

test:compile:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/Users/dalvarado/source/assistanceUtility/webapp/target/test-classes
[javac]
/Users/dalvarado/source/assistanceUtility/webapp/src/test/java/AddToMailingListTest.java:9:
package net.sourceforge.jwebunit.junit does not exist
[javac] import net.sourceforge.jwebunit.junit.WebTestCase;
[javac] ^
[javac]
/Users/dalvarado/source/assistanceUtility/webapp/src/test/java/AddToMailingListTest.java:11:
cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol: class WebTestCase
[javac] public class AddToMailingListTest extends WebTestCase {
[javac] ^
[javac]
/Users/dalvarado/source/assistanceUtility/webapp/src/test/java/AddToMailingListTest.java:28:
cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : variable super
[javac] location: class test.AddToMailingListTest
[javac] super.setUp();
[javac] ^
[javac]
/Users/dalvarado/source/assistanceUtility/webapp/src/test/java/AddToMailingListTest.java:30:
cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : method getTestContext()
[javac] location: class test.AddToMailingListTest
[javac]
getTestContext().setBaseUrl("http://localhost:8080/apps/oit/governor/citizen/assistanceUtility";);
[javac] ^

Thanks, - Dave