Hi Dave,

could you give some detail on what the exact error is and on how you actually
call 'test:single'?

Maven takes care of your test classpath, so to my knowledge you don't need to
set 'maven.test.classpath' if you have everything you need declared as a
dependency. At least I never had to.

I assume that your unit tests work without any issue when executing 'maven
test:test' since you not explicitly mentioned it. So the problem probably is
with the call for the 'test:single' goal.
Unlike Maven2 where you give only the name of the test class to the Surefire
plugin when you want to execute a single unit test, for Maven1 you need to
specify the fully qualified class name. Would look something like this:
maven test:single -Dtestcase=com.somecompany.someproduct.stuff.TestCase

Cheers,
Siegfried