From: Benson Margulies [mailto:bimargul...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 10:24 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Can't seem to get rid of 1.6

I have set JAVA_HOME to a 1.5 java home.

I have traced the mvn shell script to watch it get used.

I have set <source/> and <target/> in the compiler plugin to 1.5. I
have checked the results with help:effective-pom.

Nonetheless, code that calls the new
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(<several args>) compiles and even
runs with no errors.

I can't easily deinstall 1.6 from my mac. Has anyone else got a
suggestion what stupid mistake I'm making here?