well, i could attach an ant run script (that does the file moving)
to the prepare-package phase... but unfortunately there is no post-package
phase..
this means that if anyone runs 'package'  the files would be moved from
where they need to be during dev/test phases, and never moved back.

for production .war's i strip out my environmental properties  and deploy
them separately, or let the server administrator deal with setting the
properties...     so some stuff has to be present on the classpath during
dev, but not production.

So, good idea in theory.. .but because of the lack of a post-package phase..
it opens the build script to behaving strangely.

thanks in any case for your response !
 chris

--
Chris Bedford