I have a custom plugin that is using the following classes from maven 2.x.

import org.apache.maven.artifact.Artifact;
import org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepository;
import org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.DefaultArtifactRepository;
import org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.layout.DefaultRepositoryLayout;
import
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.RepositoryMetadataResolutionException;
import org.apache.maven.artifact.transform.ArtifactTransformation;
import org.apache.maven.model.DeploymentRepository;
import org.apache.maven.model.DistributionManagement;

In particular, this plugin will fetch the maven-metadata.xml for a given
artifact to fetch the previous build number and some other info for storing in
a metadata file that bundled with the build and to use in the artifact manifest.

This plugin does now work with 3.0 because of the refactoring.  Is there any
documentation or a plugin I can look at for an example?  Or, is there an easier
way to get this info in 3.0?

thanks,

Jason