Thanks Anders,

I tried the default value and I got one step ahead, not 100% there yet.
First I run the clean build, it generates the source I want under
target/generated-sources-annotations. Still complains about the class not
found when trying to compile the main tree (I use the generated class there
for my test). It is interesting to note that the source generation actually
is done before it goes to javac, but apparently it is not visible in the
classpath at that point.

Then I run the build again (without clean). This time my processor is not
called at all - I guess, the framework knows it's job is done already. It
compiles the main tree and at this time everything is OK.

I tried maven 2.2.1, the same story.

So I hope there must be some trick I have to do in configuration to make it
run in two steps. What can it be?
You mentioned the integration test. How can I see it?