On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM, khaido <khai...@impinj.com> wrote:

> You might want to look at the
> maven-dependency-plugin(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/).
>   Nice if you also need the transitive dependencies.  Also unpack makes it
> nice to work with zip files.

Thanks.  I'm actually already using the dependency plugin to copy and
unpack the dependencies from the local repo to below
target\dependency.  But now I need to take a subset of those (the dlls
needed for runtime) and copy them from target\dependency\bin to
target\bin.

I'm thinking of writing my own plugin to do the copying, because I
need some additional logic.  Looking at the mojos in the
maven-resources-plugin, it looks like I can use shared code from
org.apache.maven.shared.filtering to do most of the work for me.

My question now is, if I want to define the <resources> in a separate
stand-alone xml file (actually there will be more than one), rather
than in the pom.xml, what code/class do I use to read an xml file into
a java.util.List of org.apache.maven.model.Resource?

Thanks,
Phillip