Hi,

I am not aware of any other solution, but I remember the following comment by Benjamin, quoted from http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5000:

"The cause of the issue was that module-2 has a different artifactId than its module name. Let me stress that such a layout is a recipe for trouble as it results in effective URLs that depend on the source of the POM (project vs repo), i.e. if somebody (e.g. a plugin) was to construct the POM of this project from the repository, it would see different URLs than those used when building the project. The same problem would also arise during local project building when URLs are inherited from a grand-parent via one or more intermediate parents and any of those parents is resolved from the repo. For this reason, it's highly recommended to synchronize the module name with the artifactId."

HTH,
-Lukas

Stefan Seidel wrote:
Hi,

I guess this has been asked before, but is there any way to gracefully
handle situations in a multi-level modular project where the artifactId
does not always correspond to the folder name of the module?

It's especially about the scm url and connection.

So my folder structure is like this:

+/ = org.test:parent
++/childA = org.test.parent:childA
++/childB = org.test.parent:childWithOtherName

Now the scm url for childWithOtherName will always be the one from the
parent with "/childWithOtherName" appended, and there is no way I can
force it to use "/childB", unless I specify the whole path, which is
tedious with large projects.

I even tried to use ${project.parent.scm.connection}, which evaluates
fine with help:evaluate, but will not expand when used in the scm
connection.

Any help?

Stefan