So I managed to workaround points 1) and 2)  because I work on toto.apt.vm,
and use velocity inside my plugin to generate toto.apt. In this case
conversion to rtf is ok (or nearly).

I'm still stuck with point 3) when I try to launch my plugin in maven
context ...

Another thing for velocity engine : in case of execution in maven context,
I'd like to do the same kind of conversion that does the site plugin, that
is, replace properties with values set in pom.xml, if they exist.
How can I retrieve (or start) a velocity engine fed with these properties in
the context of my mojo ?