1. I'm using maven-3.0.3 and does anyone else have the issue where the latest
snapshot jar is NOT downloaded while the meta data IS updated?

It sounds a lot like what's being described in this bug report, although the title is misleading
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4142, ad it happens when

<uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>

for that repository.

2. I tried applying the patch attached to MNG-4142 to the current trunk, but code seems to have been moved around on the trunk. Maybe someone can point to the current relevant code, so I can maybe submit a patch for it. This issue is pretty nasty as it makes for non reproducible builds.

Thx,

--Kurt