Hello all,

I tried posting this on the codehaus user list but it won't accept my e-mails.
So let's try here:

I'm having an issue with the cobertura plugin.  I have a muti-module build that
I invoke like this on a nightly basis:

mvn install site:site findbugs:findbugs cobertura:cobertura

Now all of the modules in the build should build using cobertura, except one.
We have some custom stuff that is not entirely the "Maven way" and want to
ignore it for the sake of running cobertura (it does not contain code anyway).
Here's where I start hitting trouble.  It seems that I cannot get the skip to
work.  It always at least runs the prepare.  It's not corbertura that's failing
(one of our in house plugins unfortunately), but I don't want that prepare to
run at all.

Ideally I would just use a skip like this:

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
        <skip>true</skip>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

But when I put that in, it still invokes cobertura.  At least I see it say this:

[INFO] Preparing cobertura:cobertura

And it proceeds to run all the other plugins again.  To be pedantic, I tried
this as well:

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
        <skip>true</skip>
    </configuration>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <goals>
                <goal>clean</goal>
                <goal>check</goal>
                <goal>cobertura</goal>
                <goal>dump-datafile</goal>
                <goal>instrument</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>

But that had similar results.

I also tried putting this property in the pom:

<properties>
    <cobertura.skip>true</cobertura.skip>
</properties>

Again, that did not stop it from running the prepare bit.  It seems to always
run the prepare.

How do I turn cobertura off for this one module?

-Jim