On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:44 AM, Jörg Schaible
<joerg.schai...@scalaris.com> wrote:
> Phillip Hellewell wrote:
>> Thanks Todd; can you give me a hint on how to change the goals that
>> get run by release:prepare?
>
> See configuration parameters of realase:prepare.

Ah yes, here it is: "preparationGoals".  Thanks.  I don't know why I
didn't notice that.

>> Does that mean compiling my own special
>> version of the release plugin?
>
> No. Just set the parameter up in a pluginMgmt section to inherit it
> everywhere.

Cool, to change the default in a global way.

Right now we are using a "cheat" to avoid building twice.  After the
release:prepare we do an svn switch to the tag and a mvn deploy,
rather than run release:perform.  But if we were to take the approach
of just not building during the release:prepare phase, we wouldn't
have to do that cheat anymore.

So the only downside I can see to this approach is that when a build
does fail, you end up with a useless tag / version.

Thanks,
Phillip