Hi all -

I'm struggling a bit with what seems like a really simple/silly thing.

I have to use an explicit configuration of the maven-resources-plugin to
copy and filter some resources.

What I'm seeing, regardless of packaging type, is if you explicitly
configure this plugin, it won't expand ANY properties within the file.

For grins, I took the same file I wanted to filter, put it in
src/main/resources, added a <resources> stanza and boom - everything is
properly filtered.

Here is the explicit plugin configuration I'm using - anything stand out?

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.5</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>default-resources</id>
                        <phase>validate</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>resources</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <outputDirectory>.</outputDirectory>
                            <overwrite>true</overwrite>
                            <resources>
                                <resource>
                                    <filtering>true</filtering>
                                    <includes>
                                        <include>foo.txt</include>
                                    </includes>
                                </resource>
                            </resources>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

I tried several phases with no luck, so it's not that either.  In the
ultimate configuration, this will go into an aggregate pom with packaging
of "pom" - so this is why I need to explicitly configure this plugin.

Suggestions?