On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If that is an option for you, then I'm sure it will be a good thing.
>>> I have only ever been allowed to set up an intranet repository...:-)
>>>
>>> You can add that repository in your top pom.
>>
>> So, how does this work?  What does the site file structure look like?
>
> Most people here run an MRM like Nexus, Artifactory, or Archiva. You
> can find lots of information about these systems at their respective
> sites.

Do not add a repository section to you pom.
That will cause everyone else who uses your artifacts pain.

As Wayne says you want to set up a MRM and then in your
~/.m2/settings.xml you activate a profile that points to your MRM.

Again, if you read the books at http://maven.apache.org/articles.html,
specifically :
* Maven: The Definitive Guide
* Better Builds with Maven

You will gain the understanding you need to answer your own questions
that you have posed on the list.