Hello there,

I. find prepare and perform quite heavyweight my self. After prepare did
build everything successfully, it throws away everything, just tags the
source and starts over again during perform.

prepare already checks with scm means, that there are no modifications and
in my experience tagging is the most harmless operation in the whole
process (well, would I still use CVS that could be different).

So running prepare with prepareGoals set to "-DperformRelease=true clean
deploy" does what *I* want.

- checks I have everything in SCM
- does modify POMs for release.
- deploys to staging
- only on success of this tags the sources

git and svn (when not doing the strange remoteTagging) are capable of
tagging always.
Worst thing that might happen: bad stuff in staging for a short time.

Regards Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile