Hi,

Maybe somebody else has run into this. I'm converting a really messy
200-ant-script build to maven, and some steps seems to run a lot slower, now.

The case I'm wondering about now is one where we have over 10,000 source files
in a directory, and compile them bit-by-bit. One step specifies about 300
files, and thanks to javac dependency logic, actually compiles about 4000 files
in ant.

I have converted this to maven by moving the 4000 files into the maven project
src/main/java tree. Maven, of course, tells javac to compile all 4000 files.

In ant, this step takes about 20 seconds. In maven, it takes about 90 seconds.
Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Russ
and listen to the Misfile radio play