You can use the dependency:tree[1] goal to view a tree of your
dependencies to see if the correct version of Log4J is being included
in the compiler classpath.

[1] https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/tree-mojo.html

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and,
when your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any
rate you have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell