Le samedi 16 août 2014 15:08:53 Pablo León a écrit :
> I've been messing around with markdown for a while, and I feel that APT
> tools are more mature
if you know of other tools, please share: AFAIK, Doxia Eclipse Editor was
written because we didn't find any tooling (ne it in Eclipse or not)

> than markdown's (or asciidoc's)
if you search for Markdown editor in Google, you'll find a lot of tools
> , at least for the
> eclipse+java+maven environment we're using.
but you're right, I didn't find a good one as Eclipse plugin either
and even not as native application on Linux

and notice that asciidoc isn't even supported by Doxia, and nobody seems
interested in writing an asciidoc parser for Doxia

> Despite of some flaws,
> Benson's editor is more feature rich than the markdown counterpartner.
We didn't have anybody work on Markdown extension for Doxia Eclipse plugin
(which suports apt, xdoc, ...)

> And as Borrie noticed, APT is also better integrated with maven.
Markdown is as much integrated with Maven than APT
but not integrated with Eclipse...

> So, is
> there some definitive advantage of markdown over APT that I'm missing?
definitely more people know Markdown and do tooling for that: I don't like it,
but that's a fact

> I would like to help with the APT eclipse plugin, but unfortunately I
> don't have any experience with eclipse plugin development.
that's our problem: nobody to continue the work (and even try), and since it's
OSS, that means no progress

Regards,

Hervé