If you want to just have the information in the jar somewhere, the pom file
will already be in the jar by default. This is due to the archiver config
addMavenDescriptor set to true.

See http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/index.html for the location
of the pom file and further archiver config details.

manfred