Von: kristian.rosenv...@zenior.no [mailto:kristian.rosenv...@zenior.no] Im
Auftrag von Kristian Rosenvold
Gesendet: Montag, 16. März 2015 21:19
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: How to configure maven-dependency-plugin's encoding used for
unpack?

There is no way to specify unarchiver encoding in the dependency plugin, I have
checked. So currently you have to make your users install a less brain dead zip
program than the windows compressed folder mechanism.

I am also slightly questioning of what you are trying to achieve here; if you
are unpacking a "jar" file then it *will* and *should* be UTF8, meaning you
cannot use the lobotomized zip support that is included in windows, no matter
what. I don't see us fixing /that/ issue, since we'd be violating the jar
specification. If your dependency is to an actual "zip" file, we have slightly
more headroom, and such a patch might be applied.

I am not sure which issue you are referring to, I know there is one for
assembly-plugin (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-748) since the
encoding feature should be fixed to work for "unpack" too.

Kristian