Hello,

I was recently trying the following scenario with JDK 9 and mvn compiler 3.6.0:
A new Maven project, with module-info, running with JDK 9, having a dependency
on one other non-modular project (Weld SE in this case).
Feel free to inspect it on GH -> https://github.com/manovotn/JDK9Playground

Now compiling this with debug mode showed me that Maven puts the dependency
onto module-path of the project.
This means JDK 9 will turn this into automatic module.
So I ended up adding entries (`requires` formulas) into module-info.java on the
one dependency I have there.

I managed to make it compile in the end, but I was wondering about the
following:

 => Is there a way to tell Maven, that I want to add this dependency (and all
it brings in transitively) to CLASSPATH instead of module path?
  - that would effectively mean there would be no automatic module (so I
wouldn't need to declare it in module-info) and instead if would "fall back" to
unnamed module (=searching classpath)

 => Is there a way for Maven to automatically populate your module-info with
entries regarding automatic modules? Or at least some kind of a detection for
which ones do I need?

Many thanks
Matej