I Karl Heinz,

I think that’s a really good idea … unfortunately I can’t seem to be able to
run the retrolambda plugin on jars, so I might setup little projects, that use
the dependency-plugin to unpack the jars and test-jars first and run the
retrolambda on them and then package them back. Eventually this might also help
running the testsuite a second time, but with Java7. Is there a way to have
maven execute tests with a different java version (Run maven with Java 8 and
execute the tests with Java 7)?  Right now I’m relying on the animalsniffer
plugin  to verify my java8 and java7 jars, but the others would feel more
comfortable if we really ran the tests with a different java version.

Chris