Hi people. We've been using maven for a while now, with cruisecontrol,
very nicely indeed, for builds.

Some of us use maven to do our local box builds, but more don't than
do, and a part of that is probably our heavy additction to Eclipse.

Now, I've been using the IDE integration stuff, but I have a question
(actually a 'how are you guys doing this). I've tried googling for
this but I can't get search terms that provide a good answer :-)

We have somee projects that produce EJBs. So, in essence, we have 3 projects:

product-ejb : EJB Jar
product-ejb/target/classes
product-ejb/target/xdoclet
product-ejb/target - ejb artefact appears here

product-client: Client Jar
product-client/target/classes
product-client/target/xdoclet
product-client/target - ejb client jar appears here

product-root: Common
product-root/src : effectively all the source code

Where product-ejb and product-client set their source dir to be
'../product-root/src'. This is nice because our legacy ant scripts
(that some people still live & breathe) just live entirely in
product-root.

This all works fine for maven builds, but of course eclipse doesn't
like its source files to be anywhere other than a direct descendent of
the project directory.

I suspect this layout is a bit wasteful - for one thing, xdoclet and
the compiler get run twice, but I'm not sure the best route to go.
symlinks for the src directories occur to me, but that scares me both
because we're NT, and that it may confuse our source control (and our
developers....)

How are other people doing this?