Hi,

 looking at current maven-archetype extension it doesn't extends fully
the maven-jar-plugin as it cannot produce or setup to include a
Manifest.mf file into resulting archetype jar.

Is that intention, omission or I just wasn't able to configure it properly?

Any help is welcome.

Ps. I generated as tryout maven-archetype-quickstart and tried to add
into plugin configuration the following:
        <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-archetype-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>3.0.1</version>
          <configuration>
            <archive>
              <addMavenDescriptor/>