Karl Heinz Marbaise-3 wrote
> The distributionManagement should be offered by a company parent pom
> which handles this...and it is a good idea to use placeholders here to
> have chance to change that in particular with CI environments which can
> control this...

OK that's workable. One layer indirection won't hurt.

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3 wrote
>> If not, why don't I understand the paradigm? It makes little sense to me
>> that a change in the environment (the repository URLs) should force a
>> version change in all projects under development.
>
> Because it represents an different state of the environment in time
> which is recorded in a version control...

That's clear, but it doesn't explain why Maven was designed to allow
unversioned download repositories changes, while making it difficult by
default not to version distribution repository changes.

i.e. I still don't understand why Maven does not allow the
distributionManagement xml in the settings.xml

It really does look like an oversight - if it hadn't been unchanged for a
decade.

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html