Howdy,

so what Dan is asking for is I think the following thing:
On multi module snapshot deploy, the last bit of snapshot timestamped
version is "buildNo".

Consider following scenario: you have a 3 module reactor build:
i) you deploy first time: the buildNo is -1
ii) you deploy second time, and 2nd module UT fails: result in repo is 1st
module has -2, while the rest, as module2 failed, is not deployed
iii) you deploy third time: the build No is -3 for 1st module, while it is
-2 for the rest.

All sounds great ("as it should be"), but buildNo has "fall apart". 3rd
deployment will have snapshots that will have their version like
1.0-yyyymmdd.hhmmss-3 while the rest version is 1.0-yyyymmdd.hhmmss-2.

Determining buildNo is possible only from maven metadata.xml, that may be
overkill. Nothing logically "groups" the two version above, even if they
were deployed at same time, by the same build.

Deploy at end may help here, yes, but personally, I dislike the fact how
buildNo is calculated (md get, buildNo++ jar put,, modified md put).

Also, this topic seems to me, like somewhat related to the overall issue of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6581

Thanks,