Hi,

thanks for looking into it. I updated the project a bit so that you can easily
switch the version with „-Djavadoc.plugin.version=3.0.1“ to see it working nice
with „mvn site“ and „mvn javadoc:javadoc“. My problem is, that I don’t know how
to make „site“ run again. „mvn compile site“ will prevent the errors for the
main javadocs but will fail on test javadocs (Junit tests):

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.9.1:site (default-site) on project
test: Error generating maven-javadoc-plugin:3.2.0:test-aggregate-no-fork report:
[ERROR] Exit code: 2 - javadoc: error - No source files for package
de.yagee.test
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Command line was: /Users/yagee/Java/Home/14/bin/javadoc @options
@packages
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Refer to the generated Javadoc files in
'/Users/yagee/git/javadoc-test/target/site/testapidocs' dir.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

I can stick with 3.0.1 for a while, but of cause I want to move forward. I set
up the minimal project to get this figured out, but I lost.

Looking at https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/usage.html
<https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/usage.html>, there is
even no hint on suddenly requiring „compile“ starting with version 1.1.0. Still
the site issue drives me nuts, too.

Thanks again for helping me!

kind regards,

Thomas