Well, if central supported h2 push, that would be a benefit!

E.g. request shiro-web.jar and all the other dependencies would be pushed:
shiro-core.jar/.pom etc.

Maven would need to figure out which one it needed, so it doesn't
redownload existing artifacts.

So, no (or only marginal) gain without h2 server push.

There may be other interesting mechanisms, but from what I've heard, push
is the most beneficial. And that's what I observed so far.