From: Joseph Kesselman <kesh...@alum.mit.edu>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2023 12:48:38 AM
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Feedback sought

Don't worry, we recognized your intent.

I do appreciate the feedback I'm getting. I asked for it, and hopefully the
parts that don't make sense to apply right now will be useful in the future.

But, yes, let's focus on whether what I've done is worth living forward with
rather than the details of how we got here. I realize that this large a
changeset is a pain to review, and I wouldn't normally do it this way. But it
isn't as much actual change as it appears to be, and I *think* it's stable
enough to seriously consider cutting over to or I wouldn't have issued the PR.

I'd love to see the maven build tested on a few more systems, too. I've run it
on Fedora (under WSL) and Windows 10; it would be good to have someone
sanity-check it on a Mac.

--
   /_  Joe Kesselman (he/him/his)
-/ _) My Alexa skill for New Music/New Sounds fans:

() Plaintext Ribbon Campaign
/\ Stamp out HTML mail!