From: Roger Hoover [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:28 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Building C++ projects with Maven (2)

The concern I would have with this is that you have the same logical
package (let's say apr 1.2.2) built for different architectures needing
to have a different groupId or artifactId for each architecture type.
Unless the groupId or artifactId is constructed dynamically, poms that
depend on a native artifact have to depend on a specific architecture
type. I think it would be nice to write generic poms that depend on just
the logical package (apr 1.2.2 instead of apr 1.2.2 x86_64) and have
maven sense the machine architecture (and OS) and fetch the correct
native artifact.

Roger