On 9/20/06, diroussel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Now, I'm not a .NET expect, so correct me if I'm wrong.  But according to
the CLR book [1] one of the ways the CLR is better than the java JVM is the
handling of versions and version meta-data.
Does that make sense?  Do people think a similar mechanism in maven would be
useful?

I'm not sure how much of it can be addressed by Maven vs. needing to
be done in the JVM itself, but you may want to keep an eye on JSR-277,
Java Module System:

  http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=277

--
Wendy