Something like that I think.

For now I would like to know if what the dependency used in the
whole project.

Suppose I had a project tree such as this:

A-->B-->C

    D-->E--F

Say if `commons-collections (3.1)' is used subproject D,
I would like to see it.

If `struts 1.2.9' is used at sub project B, C and G.
I would like to see it.

If `servlet 2.4' is used only A. I would like see it, when
I save generate (this grand total of dependencies) from the
master project A.

On the other hand if I ask to generate the same report at sub-project C
then I will only see `struts 1.2.9'

Hmm, not too sure I understand what you mean there.  The dependency
tree in the aforementioned report will give you the full dependency
hierarchy for whichever project you run it under.

Here is the analogy: The difference between with the traditional UNIX
command

        (1) du /usr/src

and

      (2) du -k /usr/src

This just changes the units to kilobytes, not sure what the analogy is here?

Mark