I have a question about the best practice for dealing with a flat layout
project in conjunction with a common directory structure for subversion
namely:

foo/trunk/...
foo/tags/...
foo/branches/...

If I have multiple modules that are part of foo, I'll end up with:

foo/trunk/...
foo/tags/...
foo/branches/...

and the modules:

bar/trunk/...
bar/tags/...
bar/branches/...

I check each of the trunk modules into eclipse as:

eclipseworkspace/foo-config/  (see below)
eclipseworkspace/foo/...
eclipseworkspace/bar/...

I also create a master eclipse project (foo-config) that I check into
subversion to share things on the project including:
  *  an eclipse team project set - to make checkout easier
  *  subversion config information for this project
  *  project format template
  *  project code templates
  *  maven settings files
  *  etc.

The problem I have is with modules.  In each of the poms, I have modules and
parents referring to the directories without including the trunk.

eclipseworkspace/foo/pom.xml
             <module>../bar</module>
eclipseworkspace/bar/...
             <parent>../foo</parent>

But when I try to access the projects from continuum, the module definitions
are wrong because trunk is in the way.  I show this below:

eclipseworkspace/foo/trunk/pom.xml
             <module>../bar</module>
(this will break because it can't find ../bar -- it only finds foo.)
eclipseworkspace/bar/...
             <parent>../foo</parent>

I'd like to know how other people handle these build issues and what the
best practices are for a flat layout (that eclipse needs).

Thanks.