Well, the main reason for me not wanting to install is related to a behaviour in the cobertura plugin. Basically if i do "install cobertura:check" my tests are run twice. If i just do "cobertura:check" the tests are only run once. I reported this here (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOBERTURA-76).
That's why i was trying to avoid having to install.

Thanks...

Roland Asmann wrote:
You can't.

You can only see if a single projects runs with the latestest installed version of another project. This means that you either have to change the command you run in ci to 'clean install' or live with the fact that updates are only deployed at night.

Is it a problem tyo run 'install' on your ci-server? It only installs to local-repo, not to a deployment-server...

Then, there is still the matter of build-order. If both those projects are related (like you said), you'd have to make sure that Project B is tested and installed BEFORE Project A. You can either do this manually, or create a small build-project that handles it for you (as I said, description in the other thread).