From: Hirn, Joseph [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 1:54 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Next versions? Industry Usage? Help me sell mvn to my
department.

Hello. I am doing some research for my employer to convert to Maven and
I had a few questions about future releases.

I could not find any information on when the next version of Maven,
2.0.8 or 2.1 is anticipated nor could I find any information on the next
major, or Maven 3 release. I realize this would require knowledge of the
future to answer accurately but any ballparks would be appreciated.

I'm also trying to determine what the market share of Maven is, I would
prefer to hear about major companies who are using it but if there is a
list of Major Open Source projects or a count that would be fantastic.

Thanks so much