Put your config in a <pluginManagement> and that way the war projects
need only specify

<plugin>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo.jspc</groupId>
       <artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
</plugin>

and they'll pick up the config from the plugin management section.

Alternatively, use two parent poms, one for the jars and the other for the wars

These need not require a change in directory structure

/pom.xml (the super pom)
/jar-common-config/pom.xml (the jar common parent)
/war-common-config/pom.xml (the war common parent)
/jar-a/pom.xml
/jar-b/pom.xml
/war-a/pom.xml
/war-b/pom.xml

where /pom.xml has

<project>
<modules>
<module>jar-common-config</module>
<module>war-common-config</module>
<module>jar-a</module>
<module>jar-b</module>
<module>war-a</module>
<module>war-b</module>
</modules>

That will allow building all the modules from the root pom

/jar-a/pom.xml's parent would be jar-common-config with
<relativePath>../jar-common-config/pom.xml</relativePath> (although
I'm unsure if this is needed I think it's to do with release)
and
/war-a/pom.xml's parent would be war-common-config...

I prefer using the <pluginManagement> technique, but the separate
parents can work also.

-Stephen