>Try removing the http:

Yeah, I tried that - then Maven even complains that the protocol is missing
(plus it doesn't work either)

-----

Only using a local repository isn't an option either - we are a big developer
team, distributed over various locations, and there will always be someone
forgetting to upload a file to our local repo, plus the proxy isn't required by
everyone - those who don't need it don't care and say "it's on the web, just
make Maven get it there..."

> And would you share how you made the tomcat plugin work? Maybe other
> users could still profit from it. :)

Well, I am ashamed, that's why I didn't want to in the first place.
Well, well, well ;-). It would have worked, if I had also changed the tomcat
dependencies to Version 5.5.12 instead of ONLY replacing my running Tomcat.

Christine