Haroon Rafique wrote:

For me when the error about "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute
from /tmp/surefirebooter???.jar" appeared, I re-ran the tests with mvn -X
and then opened up the /tmp/surefirebooter???.jar file. It is a .jar file
with only one entry META-INF/MANIFEST.MF. Inside the MANIFEST.MF there are
2 entries. Class-Path and Main-Class. Sure enough, the file was in tact,
yet surefirebooter would say it can't find the Main-Class. You can even
try the actual "java -jar /tmp/surebooter???.jar ....." command and it
still failed.

Looking a little bit more, I was able to extract the MANIFEST.MF file and
change its format from "dos" to "unix" in vim and repackaged it back into
a jar and sure enough the "java -jar /tmp/surefirebooter???.jar ....."
command was able to run.

Ah, hearing that makes me strongly suspect that this is SUREFIRE-445 and SUREFIRE-451.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-445
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-451

Thanks for doing this research; I've moved these bugs into the upcoming 2.4.2 release.

-Dan