Hi Dipankar,

You can not add jars from any local directory to maven. But, if the jars exist at some path like <some-path>/abc/jars
Then you have to add a private repository in pom.xml as
   <repositories>
       <repository>
           <layout>legacy</layout>
           <id>AbcRepository</id>
           <name>AbcRepository</name>
           <url>file:///<some-path></url>
       </repository>
   </repositories>

and give the dependencies as
       <dependency>
           <groupId>abc</groupId>
           <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
           <version>4.4</version>
           <scope>test</scope>
       </dependency>

Basically, if you give layout as "legacy" then it will search for the pom at the location repositry-url/$groupId/pom/$artifactId-$version.pom and will search for the jar at the location repositry-url/$groupId/jars/$artifactId-$version.jar

So, in your case you can use the following two approcahes :
1. you move your jars from library C:\lib to some directory say C:\abc\jars and use the above snippets 2. write a script which will create the folder structure $groupId/$atrifactId/$version and copy the jars in this directory, then you can use the approach the Samuel has suggested.
I will suggest to use the second approach.

But, the best approach is to use the maven repositories and with the m2eclipse plugin, you just have to type the name of the jar, it will automatically give you a list of all the matching jars, then you select which version to use and it will automatically modify the pom.xml

Regards,
Shakun

Samuel Le Berrigaud wrote:
Not that I know of. And I believe there is not.

The maven way of managing dependencies is to declare those in the POM (or to
get them transitively for maven2), using libraries from a directory would go
against that.

Hope it helps.
SaM

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Dipankar Ghosal <