On Wed, 14 May 2008 11:18:54 Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:23 AM, vicki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  I have a maven's subproject that runs tests against the artifacts of its
> >  piers subprojects. Obviously, In other words, to run my tests I need to
> >  create dependencies on the artifacts produced by the other subprojects.
> > I run my tests with maven's "exec" plugin. All the artifacts packaged as
> > jars are indeed on my classpath when I run maven exec. But dependencies
> > on the artifacts packaged as wars are not resolved in such a way that
> > classes directory inside these wars are put on the classpath.
>
> Java simply has no concept of putting a war file on the classpath.  If
> you have code in a war module that you need to use elsewhere, the best
> idea is to move the code to a separate module that builds a jar.  That
> jar then becomes a dependency of your war module plus any other module
> that needs it.
>
> If you absolutely can't move the code, the next version of the war
> plugin will have the ability to deploy a classified/attached artifact
> containing the code from a war module.

1) you can make the packaging type of the project jar
2) add a config for the war plugin to execute war...
      <plugin>
        <version>2.1-alpha-1</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <goals>
              <goal>war</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <configuration>
          <archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses>
          <classifier>application</classifier>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
3) this gives you a jar and a war
4) you can then depend upon the jar (default) artifact to get the deps of this
project and if you need to
<dependency>
        <groupId>a.b</groupId>
        <artifactId>a.b.c</artifactId>
        <version>[1,2-!)</version>
</dependency>
5) to use this war as an underlay you can depend on the project with
classifier 'application'
<dependency>
        <groupId>a.b</groupId>
        <artifactId>a.b.c</artifactId>