JINDAL, Mukta, IDC schrieb:
But 'mvn install' should only install the project's artifact in your local repository
(~/.m2/repository/...) and not try to deploy it to a remote repo. >> Or have
you configured the deploy plugin in yor pom to run in the install phase, which IMHO
would be a bad practice?

How can I check this thing ? I searched for words "deploy" and "install" in my
POM but found none.

You can run 'mvn help:effective-pom' [1]. This prints out the actual POM maven is using to build the project, including configurations made in parent poms.

In plugins, we have only following entries:
  <build>
                <plugins>

                        <plugin>
                                <configuration>