Hi

I'm creating a project that uses qtjambi (QT's java binding -
http://trolltech.com/products/qt/features/language-support/java). It
has both jar files and native libraries (statically compiled - seems
to be working fine at least on a few linuxes I've tried). In their
deployment documentation they recommend adding the native libraries to
the jar (top level) plus a descriptor file. Also you may not need all
the native libraries in your application (total of 37MB for linux32).
you may only need a few of them.

I have a few options here and I need you advice:

Option 1: Create an ANT script that downloads the binary zip/tar.gz
file, creates a customized jar (optimized for my project) and deploys
it to my local repository. Since this is a customize jar I need to
give it a unique groupId (i.e. not "com.trolltech.qtjambi") because
otherwise if I'll have another project that used qtjambi with
different settings it'll overwrite it.

Option 2: Create a custom jar like above but put it somewhere in the
system and use a "system" dependency.

Option 3: (I'm not sure if it's even technically possible) deploy the
original qtjambi.jar (without native libraries) to my archiva server
and also deploy the native libs as files into the server and somehow
declare each native library as a dependency . If it's possible, I
guess this would be my favorite option.

Option 4: Create a full jar with the native libs inside or in a
separate jar, deploy it (either on a server, or locally by script) and
hand-pick the parts I need manually in the packaging stage.

Is there a "correct" way to do it?

thanx
--
Haim